A hit-and-run accident compounds the stress of being involved in a car crash. A hit-and-run accident might make you feel helpless, bewildered, and overloaded. In the process of seeking recompense for your losses, you could feel lost and unsure of where to turn for assistance.
Discuss your situation with a car accident lawyer in Rochester.
What should you do if you’ve been in a hit-and-run accident, and how can a lawyer assist you in obtaining compensation for your losses?
Click here – Do Truck Accident Cases in Shepherdsville Go to Court?
What Constitutes a Case of “Hit and Run” Behavior?
When a driver causes damage to another person, vehicle, property, or animal and then flees the scene without exchanging contact or insurance details, this is known as a hit-and-run accident. After causing harm, the driver of the vehicle does not stop to call the police and instead flees the scene, leaving behind broken glass and injured victims of varying severity.
When hit-and-run accidents happen, unfortunately, some people get hurt more than just on the outside. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has just released stunning data on hit-and-run accidents from the year 2020:
- There were 2,564 motorists killed in hit-and-run accidents in 2016, a 26% increase from the year before.
- In 2020, hit-and-run drivers will be responsible for the deaths of 1,562 pedestrians.
- In 2020, 202 cyclists were killed as a result of injuries sustained in hit-and-run accidents.
- If a driver causes an accident, why would they flee the scene?
- An accident victim may flee the scene for a variety of reasons, regardless of who was at fault. It’s possible that the person is utterly oblivious to the fact that they were the cause of the tragedy.
Click here – Top 5 Gemstones for Perfect and Affordable Engagement Rings
Most of the time, the reason someone flees the situation is not a good one. The at-fault motorist might have been operating:
- A driver’s license is invalid if
- It’s illegal to drive in the United States without auto insurance.
- To the point of intoxication
- having active warrants issued for their arrest
- While operating a motor vehicle while texting or otherwise preoccupied
- The Implications of a Hit-and-Run Accident and What to Do Next.
If the other driver causes an accident and then flees the scene, you may be able to pursue financial restitution for the harm they caused. To file a claim for damages, the person who was hurt must know which driver was at fault.