Hybrid work office is a new concept that has been brought in post-COVID- 19 disease. Let us know about the difference between the regular in-office pattern and hybrid work pattern to choose the best.
WHAT IS A REGULAR IN-OFFICE PATTERN?
Regular in-office pattern is the traditional way of going to an office and work. The in-office pattern has been practiced ever since and had to stop due to the pandemic. In a regular in-office pattern, the employees are supposed to reach the office at the specified time and work until their targets are completed. Well, the working hours might differ for people. Generally, there is a stipulated period for certain hours, like 6 hrs or 8 hrs or 10 hrs in the companies. Most of the employees restrict themselves to the office timings only. Only the few who have work stay back late to finish it.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A REGULAR IN-OFFICE PATTERN?
The regular in-office culture has many benefits like:
- The stipulated office timings. The fixed timings help in making the employee efficient and productive as they work fast, smart and hard to finish the deadlines within the office hours. The timings restrict the employees to work only during the working hours, the remaining hours are left to themselves, no-work time. The office timings also help in maintaining discipline in the office by strict policies to reach the office on time and also deliver work within the work hours if possible.
- It provides the employees with a good social life. Going to the office and meeting new people allows the employees to make friends, which makes the workplace better. Interacting with people and socializing is as important as working. These things help in the overall development of the person and maintain a competitive spirit among the co-workers, yielding good profits for the company.
- The regular in-office leads to overall development. The employees learn to dress better and be presentable to suit the working environment of the office. Having to present and conduct meetings boosts their self-confidence and self-esteem.
Click here – Learn Everything About Decimals
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES FACED IN REGULAR IN-OFFICE PATTERNS?
With the benefits come challenges as well. The challenges for the regular in-office pattern are:
- The irregular timings. The increased timings of the work create a lot of pressure for the employees. Also, the traveling timings cause a lot of inconveniences. Nowadays, the office areas and the residential areas have been divided into two parts. This is why the distance between the office and the residences have increased leading to increased travel time. The whole journey is very exhaustive which no longer motivates the workers to work only. Also, the long hours in the office make it difficult for them to spend time with their families and enjoy life.
- The work pressure and the stress increase with so much competition and lack of social life. Generally, this reason makes the employees unsatisfied and they work only for money and no personal growth. This affects the growth curve of the company as well as the employee.
- Psychological issues like constant stress and pressure, anxiety, and anger issues are often seen in the employees. They may also resort to bad habits like smoking or drinking as a fun session thing
WHAT IS A HYBRID WORKFORCE PATTERN?
The hybrid workforce pattern came into play after the Covid – 19 diseases came in. The coronavirus made the nations shut down and go into a prolonged period of lockdown for everyone’s safety. It is then when the entire world was trapped in the home.
To keep things going, nothing was made to stop. The employees worked from homes, students attended school from home and all other activities were brought into the homes via laptops and mobile phones. Hybrid workforce meaning can be simply explained as working from both office and home.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A HYBRID WORKFORCE PATTERN?
There are several benefits of hybrid work office pattern, which are:
- The exhaustion and exertion of long traveling hours are no longer present. There is no need to tackle the morning rush hour and reach the office on time. The time to travel and cost of traveling, both are reduced due to the work from home facilities. The hybrid work office life enables the employees to enjoy both office life as well as working from home life. This will help in boating the work performance of the employees as they are experiencing a new culture.
- The employees can enjoy and continue with their hobbies and skill-building along with the work hours.
- This hybrid method will allow them to spend time with their family and close ones.
- The companies are no longer restricted by boundaries to hire a good workforce. They can hire it from anywhere across the globe as his policy would enable the employees to work remotely.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES FACED IN A HYBRID WORKFORCE PATTERN?
There are quite a few challenges that are faced in the hybrid workforce pattern, which are:
- The constant switch to office and home can result in an unsmooth work pattern.
- Maintaining a balance between office work and work from home is very important otherwise it may affect the workflow and hinder the discipline.
- The hybrid work pattern means that in a week some days would be allotted for in-office work while the rest would be to work from home. The switch can cause a lack of work because employees might feel lethargic or lazy because of going to the office a day before.
- The employment opportunities for remote workers may reduce due to this policy.
- There are no fixed timings as the office and long hours are worked here too.
So, employers have to be very diligent in choosing the appropriate pattern and some of them investing in employee activity monitoring software for better data collection and efficiency.
We now know about both the scenarios – regular in-office pattern as well as hybrid workforce pattern. The hybrid work office lifestyle calls for some added discipline but a decent work environment. While the regular in-office lifestyle is much adapted yet has some shortcomings too. So, employers have to be very diligent in choosing the appropriate pattern.
Click here – How to Gift the Perfect Perfume