Are you downsizing or moving to a new home? Do you simply need a fresh start? Times like this can make you realize that you must bid goodbye to your old furniture. While figuring out what to do next, you will be glad to know that many nonprofit and charity organizations will happily take the old furniture off your hands if they are in good condition. Although you might want to resell your old furniture, nothing can make you feel more fulfilled and content than the act of donation. Moreover, old furniture rarely has any resale value. By donating, you will not only be getting rid of things you don’t need anymore in a hassle-free way, but you will also be making someone else’s day! Are you looking to donate some old furniture? Get in touch with Furniture Donation Pick Up. They can help you donate your furniture to some of the following organizations.
Best Places To Donate Your Old Furniture:
- The Salvation Army: This popular charitable organization has over 1500 stores all over the country. Operating since 1865 and with a presence in 131 countries, The Salvation Army offers free furniture pickup, among other things. The donated items are brought directly to those who are in need or sold at the stores. You can save the donation receipts for tax purposes and use their “donation value guide” to determine the value of your items in light of tax deductions. All you need to do is- visit their website, enter your zip code, and schedule a pickup date. Post this, you can mark the donatable items as “SA” and leave them outside your house for them to pick up.
- Furniture Donation Pick-Up: They are not a charity organization but provide furniture donation pick-up services that connect you with some of the most popular charitable organizations like Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and Habitat for Humanity. They are a convenient option for donating furniture, as you can request their services in your local area. You can call them or schedule a pick-up time on their website, and they can connect you to the charitable causes you can support.
- Goodwill: Probably one of the most well-known charity organizations in the entire US, Goodwill Industries International is a popular choice for donating small and large goods, including furniture. With more than 3200 thrift stores in the USA and Canada, you will most likely find a Goodwill store in your locality. Goodwill was founded in the year 1902 and has been serving for over a century. They are also known for giving employment opportunities to disabled individuals, recipients of government support programs, limited work history, victims of corporate downsizing, and people with language barriers. You can also check the webpage of goodwill to see if they offer free pick-up services in your area.
Click here – Why Every Child Should Go On A Ski Trip?
- Habitat for Humanity: Founded in 1976, this charitable organization is known for providing affordable and decent housing to people in need worldwide. Habitat for Humanity works in all 50 states across the country and over 70 countries internationally. They gladly accept large furniture items like dining tables, couches, consoles, chairs, bed frames, and desks and resell them at a fraction of the retail price at their stores that go by the name of Habitat for Humanity ReStore. You can also donate small pieces of furniture by dropping them off in their stores or schedule a free donation pick-up for larger pieces. They also gladly take in building materials or tools.
- Christian Army: One of the highest-rated pickup providers where you can donate your used furniture, Christian Army Recovery Community is a furniture resale shop and donation pick-up service that operates in the Greater Houston area. You can donate appliances, as well as large furniture, to charity, as all the gift items at the store are tax-deductible. All you need to do is get in touch with them and communicate about the type of furniture you would like to donate. Post this, the prompt and courteous pickup professionals will pick up your furniture for free.
For all the people who are moving or selling their homes, getting rid of old furniture you don’t need or want anymore can be the ultimate chance of decluttering. Sometimes you might need to eliminate old furniture to make your house more appealing in the real estate market. Donating your old furniture can help you declutter your home and feel good about it. Plus, if you have recently discovered the art of minimalism, donating your old furniture can make room for new things that can fit your brand-new lifestyle. The above list can help you find a charity organization that allows you to save time and make a difference simultaneously.