As figs are an autumnal fruit, as you are already aware, it is impossible to find them at any other time of the year. Consuming the fruit in its most delectable form, dried figs are a smart way to extend its availability throughout the rest of the year.
Because it is so incredibly nutritious, natural (in our case, even organic), and filling, this dish can become your go-to snack.
Continue reading this article to learn more about dried figs, their characteristics, and their advantages. You’ll like it, we’re confident.
But what exactly are dried figs?
As you may already be aware, the fig is the fruit of the fig tree, and as was stated in the sentence before, it can only be eaten during its designated season, which is at the end of the summer and the beginning of the fall.
But, if the fresh fig is dried and floured (in our case using rice flour, acceptable for those with celiac disease), the end product is a delectable dried fig that, when kept in good condition, can survive for an entire year without going bad.
As a result, unlike the prior instance, it will be available for purchase and consumption throughout the year. A significant portion of the water content in the fresh and ripe figs can be removed during this drying process. However, what is really curious is that the fruit itself not only does not lose organoleptic qualities (taste, aroma, etc.)
But even gains them by having a higher concentration of certain ingredients such as natural sugars and other elements whose proportion is multiplied for approximately three, which is why at Los Conventos we call organic dried figs “the healthiest candy”.
Click here – Recovering After a Crash
Similarly to this, some dried figs are said to be “floured,” meaning that after being cleaned, blanched, and dried, they are dusted with flour (in our case rice flour to facilitate its consumption by people affected by celiac disease).
The flour serves as a barrier against the effects of humidity, allowing for better preservation of the dried figs and preventing them from sticking together. Even though the fig may appear to be dried, it nevertheless contains a sizable amount of water.
An item that is highly rich in many good qualities is dried figs: they include a lot of vitamins and minerals, natural sugars that serve as an additional source of energy for the body, and a lot of dietary fiber.
Dried figs also include a lot of vitamins, minerals, natural sugars, and fiber in addition to having a high water content of between 70 and 80% despite having undergone drying. If you’re interested in learning more about the advantages they provide for our health, keep reading.
Understanding the qualities of dried figs
Dried figs are a superfood that is extremely nutritious, and healthy, and give our bodies a variety of benefits due to their unique composition. Dried figs are among the best naturally occurring foods because of all of this. Below are a few of the main health advantages.
- As we already knew, dried fig has a lot of dietary fiber, which greatly lowers the risk of developing conditions like type 2 diabetes.
- Dried figs are also incredibly helpful for constipation issues because of their high fiber content.
- The high calcium content of dried figs makes them extremely beneficial for our bones.
- Dried figs are a food that is recommended for high-performance athletes because they contain a high volume of natural sugars, which is a significant source of energy for our body. Keep in mind that the healthiest treat is dried figs.
- Its numerous, immense advantages are also excellent for the muscles because they include a lot of potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- They are rich in iron, which keeps our bodies’ levels of this vital mineral stable and strengthens our immune systems’ ability to fight off various ailments.
- The dried fig is quite filling, therefore it may be added to any kind of diet.
Click here – How to Boost Your Business with Power BI Consulting Services?
Cookies made with dried figs and apples are delicious as a dessert, a snack, or for breakfast. It is also nutritious because it contains fruit, vitamins, and minerals in addition to dietary fiber that supports the digestive system.
The following ingredients are required to make this recipe:
- 100 grams of flour-dried figs.
- Apple dehydrated to 50 grams.
- Dates, 60 grams.
- Ripe banana and a half.
- Sixty grams of whole oat flour.
- Whole oat flakes weighing 30 grams.
- 25 ml of sugar-free soy beverage.
- 1 tiny teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Peanut butter, 1 tbsp.
- 1 little teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- The carbonation is half over (double).
- An equal amount of baking soda.
The actions to take are listed below.
- Set the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the apple and dried figs.
- Bananas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, soy beverage, and pitted dates are all beaten together.
- The flakes, the chopped fruit, the flour, the baking soda, and the carbonation packet should all be added and mixed for one further minute.
- The dough should be formed into balls, pounded flat, and baked for 12 to 15 minutes on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
As was already noted, dried figs provide a wide range of benefits that protect various facets of our health. Also, because it makes you feel full, it is the ideal nutritious snack to take in between meals to avoid eating other sorts of bad foods.